Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Friday, March 31, 2000

Chicken White Bean Pasta Noodles

1 ½ cup unbleached white flour
1 tsp chicken bouillon
4 eggs
¼ cup water
¼ cup olive oil

½ cup wheat flour
2 tsp white bean flour

¾ cup semolina flour

Add first 5 ingredients to mixer bowl; attach dough hook. Mix on medium speed (6-8) until mostly combined. Add wheat flour and bean flour. Mix again on medium until all ingredients come together and start to form a sticky dough. Add semolina flour, ¼ cup at a time until dough is no longer sticking to sides of bowl. Can add more white flour if needed, 2 tbsp at a time. Knead dough for 2 more minutes. Remove from bowl; knead a few times by hand. Wrap tightly in plastic; let rest for 30min-1hr.

Roll into sheets. Let dry 20 minutes.

Cut pasta into desired shapes. Allow to dry at least 1 hour before cooking.

To cook: bring salted water to a boil. Add noodles. Cook 3-5 minutes.

Serve with Cream of Chicken White Bean Soup, or as desired.


Related Article:

Related Recipe:

Article Index

No comments:

Post a Comment