Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Thursday, March 30, 2000

Black Bean Brownies

2 c. sugar
4 eggs
½ cup butter
½ cup canola oil
½ cup pureed black beans
1 c. cocoa powder
1 T. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350F.
Cream together sugar, eggs, and butter. Add oil and black beans, beat until it is smooth. Add cocoa powder, vanilla and flour; beat until smooth again. Spread batter into a greased baking dish.
Bake for 32-34 minutes. Don’t overcook, or they will dry out.

To puree canned black beans: Drain liquid, fill can with water, puree. Measure desired amount. Freeze rest in plastic bag, for another use.


Related Article:

No comments:

Post a Comment