Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Thursday, March 30, 2000

Best Fudge Brownies

¼ cup butter, melted
¾ cup canola oil
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
2 tbsp corn syrup
¼ cup milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Combine butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, and corn syrup in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended. Add milk; mix.
In separate bowl, combine and whisk the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Bake in oven 40-45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment