Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Saturday, March 25, 2000

Hamburger patties

3 lb ground beef
2 eggs

to taste:
bbq sauce
onion flakes
onion powder
garlic powder
black pepper
seasoning salt 

Mix all ingredients together, in a large bowl, using hands. Use 1/3 cup to scoop portions. Form into a ball, and then flatten each into a patty that is slightly under ½ inch thick. Place on wax paper. Grill on outside bbq’er (or some form of grill that will drain the grease) over medium heat.

Makes 16-18 patties

Not advised to cook in a frying pan; this will cause the patty to retain all of its grease, and isn’t very tasty (or healthy).


Related Articles:
Hamburgers with Griddled-bread-buns
Will Work for Buns

Related Recipes:
Homemade Hamburger Buns
Griddled-bread-buns


Recipe Index
Article Index

No comments:

Post a Comment