Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Thursday, March 30, 2000

Slow Cooker BBQ Pinto Beans

2 Cup (1 lb) Dry Pinto Beans
8 Cup Hot Water (fill to top)
1 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
1 Tbsp Chili Powder

3/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1 1/2 Tbsp Mustard
1/8 Tsp Hot Red Pepper Sauce (to taste)
1 Tbsp vinegar
Cooked chopped chicken (2 breasts or 2 cups)
(or cooked ground beef)
Can green chilies

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in slow cooker; cook on high for 4 hours; turn to low and cook 4 more hours.
2. Drain cooking liquid.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Turn to high and cook 15 minutes, or until heated through.

Related Article:

No comments:

Post a Comment