Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Thursday, March 30, 2000

Cornbread Cake

1 cup white sugar
1 cup margarine
1 ½ cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups milk

Preheat oven to 350F.
In large bowl cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and milk; beat until smooth. In separate bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; mix with whisk; add to liquid mixture and mix until combined. Pour into a greased 2-quart baking dish (mine is 8x11.5). Bake for 38 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Can be doubled and baked in 9 x 13 for approximately one hour.

Related Article:

No comments:

Post a Comment