Adventures in Eating: Cheap. Easy. and Healthy

Join me on my quest to dissect the world of eating, learn to make everything from scratch, find a more simple solution to everyday feeding, and to do it all as cheap as I possibly can. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I’m doing, and that I’m attempting to teach myself; mostly through trial and error, mixed with some internet research and advice from friends. Read more about my blog...

Saturday, March 25, 2000

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Sliced sandwich bread (2 per serving)
Spreadable margarine
Sliced American cheese (2 per serving)
Egg (optional—1 per serving)

Spread margarine evenly on 2 slices of bread. Place 1 bread on heated griddle, butter side down (I use 325F setting). Place 2 slices of cheese on top. Place other bread on top, butter side up. Toast until golden brown. Flip, and toast other side until golden brown. Remove from griddle.

for optional egg:
Crack egg into cup/bowl. Break yoke with a fork. Spray griddle with oil. Pour egg onto griddle just before 1st slice of bread for sandwich. Flip egg and cook until desired doneness (I like it best with the yoke a little runny). Place egg on sandwich between 2 cheese slices. Follow rest of recipe as written.

I usually serve these with tomato soup (campbells from a can, for now) to dip in.

Read Full Article
Recipe Index

No comments:

Post a Comment